Saturday, May 13, 2006

Web 2.0 Metamodel

Despite the warm debate about this, I'm not much interested on whether the Web 2.0 exists or not, if it is just a buzzword or a serious movement. What really matters to me is to catch the few aspects that make the difference as opposite to the old way of conceiving and building the Web. So, in a few words, here's what Web 2.0 means to me:
The Blogosphere and the Wikisphere have developed around the concept of Collaboration. RSS Feeds and the so-called Mashosphere turn around the Syndication concepts. The Semantic "layer" develops on tagging (more than RDF) to annotate data. Finally, search engines (especially the next generation, based on semantic queries) glue all together.

I'm not sure the picture is complete enough to cover all of the aspects of the Web 2.0, but I think it's a starting point to think to a metamodel of the Web 2.0.

More to come...

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home